College, NFL and MLB T-Shirts, College Jerseys
The Florida vs. Florida State football rivalry ranks as one of the top rivalries in the nation as their annual clash not only impacts the in-state bragging rights, but the national rankings as well.
Discover some of the bragging rights that the Florida Gators have enjoyed in this series that first kicked off in 1958. UF holds a commanding lead in the series that has featured Spurrier vs. Bowden, BCS Championship game match ups and more.
Florida Bragging Rights in the Gators vs. Seminoles Rivalry
- The Gators defeated FSU 16 of the first 19 times that the two schools met. That era of dominance included winning streaks of 3, 2, 2, and 9 games.
- Florida defeated Florida State 6 consecutive times from 1981 to 1986.
- The Gators defeated the Seminoles 6 straight times from 2004 to 2009.
- In the biggest game of the series, the two schools faced one another in the 1996 BCS Championship Game. Florida won the game 52-20 to earn the 1996 BCS Championship.
- Totally Tebow'd: Perhaps no school was happier to see Tim Tebow leave Gators football than FSU. With Tebow as the starting QB, Florida easily won all three games (2007-09) by a 127 to 37 margin.
- Florida's largest margin of victory over FSU was a 49-0 spanking in 1973.
Florida also leads FSU in other key categories as well:
- Florida (3)1996, 2006 and 2008
- FSU (2) 1993 and 1997
Seeking more information: Call us at 601-668-6270 click the "send email" link at the top of the page.