College, NFL and MLB T-Shirts, College Jerseys
The Vanderbilt Commodore baseball team entered the 2013 postseason with a 48-7 record that included an incredible first-place 26-3 mark in the SEC that saw them sweep 7 of 10 conference series.
Vanderbilt has advanced to the NCAA Super Regionals and will host Louisville in the best of 3 series. Two wins over the Cards will give fans the opportunity of wearing Vanderbilt 2013 CWS T-Shirts!
The Vanderbilt baseball program is seeking just its second trip to the College World Series. The University's one and only time for fans to don Vandy CWS apparel was in 2011.
Hopes are high in Nashville for a trip to Omaha after Vandy's 26 SEC wins were the most in league history.
Dominating pitching has been a key to Vandy's success throughout the regular season:
- SP Kevin Ziomek finished the season with a 10-2 record while posting a 1.99 ERA in 99.2 innings. Ziomek struk out 102 batters and walked just 36 his 14 starts. He also became the 10th pitcher in Vanderbilt history to win at least 10 games in single season.
- SP Tyler Beede notched a perfect 13-0 record in the 2013 campaign. The 6-4/215 pound sophomore Matched the school record with his 13th win of the year gutting through 5.1 innings at Kentucky on May 11th. In 87 innings pitched, Beede posted a 2.28 ERA, struck out 89 and walked 51.
- RP Brian Miller earned 14 saves in 28 appearances. In 45 innings of work Miller K'd 36 batters while walking just 8.
At the Plate:
- 2013 SEC Player of the Year, Tony Kemp led the SEC in batting average (.402) and steals with 30.
- Senior Connor Harrell has led the 'Dores offense in 2013. The 6/3-215 pounder batted .319 and hit 11 HR's and plated 61 RBI's in just 55 games.
Seeking more information: Call us at 601-668-6270 click the "send email" link at the top of the page.